Chapter 5: The Convergence of Shadows


Chapter 5: The Convergence of Shadows

Zylxa dismounted her hover-bike and headed toward the control room.

"Hey Kyko! Keep an eye on the surveillance cameras and inform me if there’s any activity."

"Hey Zylxa! You’re back. Yes, I’m keeping watch. What else do I have to do?"

"Well! Besides that, you need to plan the defense strategy today. I have a feeling we’ll have guests arriving soon."

"Guests? Oh, okay! Alright, I won’t leave any stone unturned in welcoming them. Don’t worry."

"Good, has he regained consciousness yet? I’ll check!"

On the other side, the young Sikh man was still in a deep, unconscious sleep, oblivious to everything. Inside, it was quiet. The young Sikh man lay stretched out on the bio-bed—his torn and bruised skin had been sealed by nanobots, but his face was still pale. Zylxa checked the nanobot readings. His condition was stabilizing, and signs of regaining consciousness were appearing within the next few hours.

Zylxa returned to the control room.

"Yes, Kyko! Any news about the guests?"

"Not yet, but here’s the security system plan.
We need:
- Auto-Defense Turrets ×2 (ADT)
- Auto Laser Shredders ×3 (ALS)
- Electromagnetic Wave Shield (EWS)
- Quantum Strike Shield (QSS)
- Directed Energy Interceptor (DEI) (9)
- Jammer Suit + Automated Countermeasure Trigger (JACT)
- Advanced Holographic Projector (AHP)

Setup:
Front Entrance >> AHP + QSS
Main Central Station >> 2 ADTFront + 3 ALS (left-right-ceiling)
Corridor Main Entrance >> EWS
3 Side Corridors Block >> 3 DEI per block

In simple terms, Kyko had planned a good arrangement for their welcome before the police arrived, and Zylxa quickly set it up. Then Zylxa picked up some weapons and pushed the young Sikh man’s stretcher bed through the main corridor toward the rear cargo area.

"Hey Zylxa! The guests are arriving."

"Kyko!"

"Yes, Zylxa! I know if something goes wrong, I’ll go on standby..."

"I hope so. Such a moment never comes."

Within moments, police and special task force vehicles surrounded her location. The main entrance gate was closed, and the police issued a final warning. "Whoever is inside, come out with your hands up. This place is now fully under our control."

But in the next moment, a smoky haze formed in front of them. When the haze cleared, the body of the speaker lay half-burned on the ground, with smoke rising from the half-melted speaker. Zylxa appeared before them. They started shooting in fear, but Zylxa stood still, and the bullets passed through her. Actually, it was the AHP, but due to the smoky haze, no one could understand quickly.

Then the police advanced, firing, but the front QS Shield stopped them. The police used advanced ultrasonic weapons to temporarily neutralize her. As they approached, the ADT stopped them. Then Zylxa also took down a few police officers.

On the other side, in the recovery room, the young man was also beginning to regain consciousness. His head was still heavy. His heartbeat was elevated. But the sounds of explosions and gunfire outside were pulling him out of his unconscious stupor. He slowly sat up. Holding onto the bed, he stood up. Then he started walking unsteadily into the unknown corridor. He went to the control room. He started looking at the surveillance camera views.

"Sat Shri Akaal."

"Sat Shri Akaal." He looked around but saw nothing.

"Who are you and why can’t I see you?"

"I am Kyko... I manage this control room. I’m informing Zylxa that you’ve regained consciousness. You’ve been unconscious for the past 36 hours."

"Okay, but why is the police here?"

"That, only Zylxa knows!"

"Zylxa!! Who is she? In the camera, only she is fighting the police. How many people are confronting the police?"

"Only Zylxa."

"This is suicide. Is there any way out of here?"

"Are you trying to run away after seeing the fight? You can’t be a true Sikh."

"Okay! What’s the police’s motive?"

"I don’t know. Zylxa went to the city to find your killers and returned saying to prepare for guests... and then the police arrived."

"Okay! Then their motive could be to eliminate Zylxa, and by staying here, Zylxa can only delay their motive, not win. Is there a way out?"

"Okay! This ship’s cargo room has a safety chamber with a dimensional portal device that can create a portal to another location."

"I understand. But I don’t know the way?"

"That’s the problem. There’s no surveillance camera in the cargo room because it’s usually dark there."

"Can you draw a graphic of it?" He took out his phone.

"Is this an electronic device?"

"Yes, is this a phone?"

"Can you connect this phone to my console? I can integrate into it, but I’ll have to format the phone’s data and reprogram it."

"No problem, safety is more important right now." He connected the phone to the console. A request for format confirmation appeared on the phone. He confirmed it. Then the phone restarted, and some engineering commands appeared on the screen. Then it continued to run automatically.

Meanwhile, Zylxa was also counter-firing as she slowly made her way to the control room. Then she sealed all the gates. As she entered, she saw the young man and said, "Good, you’ve regained consciousness. We need to evacuate this place."

"Hey Kyko! What’s happening to him? What is he doing?"

"Oh Kyko! He was talking about some portal device."

"It’s in the cargo room, but it’s Kyko’s experiment. It was never needed before. It could be unstable."

"Hey, I am Kyko! In a new form!"

"Whoa! Kyko! In this device?" Zylxa took the phone in her hand and said.

At that moment, a warning alert was issued.

"Self-destruct mode activated. Evacuate this place within the next 15 minutes."

"Well, let’s go to the cargo room."

Zylxa and the young man ran to the cargo room. The room was dark. Suddenly, the young man’s foot hit something metallic, which clattered as it fell—the sound echoed in the silent cargo room.

Zylxa held the phone and asked, "Are you okay?" She asked the young man.

"Yes..."

"Kyko! Where is your portal chamber?"

"You don’t know?"The young man asked in surprise

"This... from a pirate ship. Lost years ago when I was saving my life. I don’t know much about it, but after leaving Glyffra, this became my safe haven." Her voice softened—"Sometimes you have to shed a lot of blood to survive."

The young man nodded seriously—"Survival isn’t cheap." He reached out to take the phone—"Let me see."

"I am Kyko! In a new form! It still needs some time to stabilize. Let’s find it ourselves..."

"Yes, I am Kyko, in a new form."

"Will you speak more?" Zylxa said in an angry tone.

"Look here," the young man opened the chamber. A device emerged from that chamber.

"Kyko didn’t tell me how to operate this."

Then he saw the connecting face of the device and connected it to the phone to check. As soon as it connected, a digital hologram appeared on the phone.

"I am Kyko. I am now activating the portal, but be careful—the portal can be unstable. Step back a bit. Cover your eyes, as the bright light can dazzle them."

Then the light gradually intensified—a glowing, swirling portal opened. Both froze for a moment.

"What’s this trouble now?"—Zylxa muttered.

The young man looked at her face with an unbelieving smile—"This seems to be the portal to get out of here." His eyes sparkled—"Let’s go."

"Are you crazy? We don’t even know where it will take us!"

"There’s no choice for us?" Pointing to the portal—"For now, this is the way—there’s no time to think, take a step forward."

He took the phone back in his hand and jumped inside—disappeared.

Zylxa stood for a moment—caught between caution and instinct. The portal began to tremble, its edges flickering.

"Self-destruct mode activated. Evacuate this place within the next 2 minutes!"

Then Zylxa also gritted her teeth and jumped inside—the portal closed. The room fell silent again.

End of Chapter 5

Popular posts from this blog

The NecroSyndicate - A Game of Shadows and Survival

Chapter 1: The Game of Shadows and Survival

Chapter 7: Shelter in the Shadows